To make BC Patterns work on your website, you need:
- to be running WordPress version 5.9 or above;
- to use BC Cosmos (based on Bootstrap 5) theme.
In order to insert a pattern on a page of your website, please:
- Find a pattern that you would like to use by browsing the list
NOTE: Some patterns may have dependencies, without which it won’t display content as intended. In such case, you can check the dependencies below the title of each pattern
NOTE: To find the pattern quickly, you can use Filter by category and Filter by tag options to only see patterns that include selected categories and tags
- Copy the pattern by clicking on the Copy button
- Once the pattern is copied, button text will be changed to Copied
NOTE: In some cases, clicking the Copy button will, in addition to copying the pattern itself, display a popup with some additional info and/or suggestions on how to use it, best practices, etc.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can preview the pattern first by clicking on the card itself. There, you will have a Copy Pattern button available with the same functionality as Copy button
- You can now insert the pattern by pasting it within empty (Paragraph) block in Gutenberg editor, either with keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + V) or cursor (Right-click > Paste)
- Additionally, if needed, you can edit the settings of any of the blocks within the pattern (selecting different blocks may show different options on the right)